My beautiful cat Chessy

This is my Chessy I love her so much she is such a companion she sleeps with me most of the night she shows me her tummy nearly all the time one thing she doesn’t like being picked up but wen I’m playing my games laid back in my recliner she will lay up near my face so lovely xx

9 Likes

Awww she’s such a beautiful girl :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Very cool looking cat! I only recently learned that only female cats can have three colours. (Or at least it’s extremely rare for a male cat to be calico).

From Wikipedia:

Because the genetic determination of coat colors in calico cats is linked to the X chromosome, calicoes are nearly always female,[5] with one color linked to the maternal X chromosome and a second color linked to the paternal X chromosome.[4][6] In most cases, males are only one color (for instance, black) as they have only one X chromosome. Male calicoes can happen when a male cat has two X chromosomes (Klinefelter syndrome, with XXY sex chromosomes and generally they are sterile); the condition is a chimera, with two different cell types;[7] or, rarely, when some skin cells of the developing kitten spontaneously mutate.

3 Likes

Ah thank u
And thats very interesting thanks xx

4 Likes

Thank u i love her :heartpulse: xx

4 Likes

@Longlegs61 ……whoa chessy is beautiful what amazing colouring and markings. I love animals unconditional love and perfect companions.

3 Likes

Thank u shes s beutiful cat bought me a
present t day lucky it was dead xx

3 Likes

That’s really interesting, I didn’t know this. My son’s cat has 3 colours. The vet has him described on his records as tri-colour. Does this mean he’s rare? He’s 14 years old now :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Yup, a very rare three coloured male indeed!

3 Likes

Wow that’s so nice to know :heart_eyes_cat: His name is Biscuit which is also a rare name for a pet :joy_cat:

1 Like