Subscription prices

I don’t know what other people think but I think the subscription prices are abit excessive for people who are on universal credit etc.there should be some sort of cheaper plans available for are claiming benefits

11 Likes

I’m not at the stage yet, what are the fees? If it works money is no option!!! X

8 Likes

You will see if you go through the survey pinned at the too of the Treehouse

6 Likes

I’m curious about the fees too. I’m on Esa and PIP but with the cost of living it doesn’t go far :pensive: if it works as well as ppl say it would be worth paying for (within reason) but it would be a good idea if there was a concession for those on specific benefits.

7 Likes

Do the survey pinned to the top of the Treehouse and you will see the suggested fees

5 Likes

I’ve just gone through the website had no luck. But if it’s as good as people say I’ll pay whatever!!lol x

5 Likes

Hi @Bexymac1987,

I’ll link the subscription survey here if you’d like to take part - we are really grateful for any and all feedback!

5 Likes

I think we all have to take into consideration and understand how much time/research/money, must go into a product and study like this, and expect the price to be reflected accordingly!
I understand completely that a lot of people might not be able to afford it, if on benefits etc but if sleep is a priority then we must make it exactly that, and maybe cut out a few things that we can go without in our lives to accommodate this instead, e.g coffee, cigarettes, takeaways etc
It’s a little unfair for any of us to expect Sofi to lower prices when so much has gone into the production :face_with_peeking_eye:
Sofi have already stated that they will keep the cost to a minimum as much as possible, which is fantastic, but they still have overheads to cover and still have to earn a profit themselves!
We also have to take into account that this is not available ANYWHERE else, and how much these Free studies have already cost and will continue to do so!
I know I’m just super grateful for this opportunity to test these out, and wiling to be patient as with every batch of pods sent out, bug fixes have been looked at and improvements have been made, so we are receiving a better version every time!
There’s just some things in this life, where we have to take every small win where we can! 🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷

13 Likes

Absolutely, Laura, I agree 100%. I have been wanting to reply to the post about concessions for a while but did not want to sound unsympathetic (although i am sympathetc). Your reply was very nicely composed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sofi has given so much up front before the products are available commercially; years of research and not far off 2 years of free trials.
It is a small company and not a social service. I know of no other company selling sleep aid supplements that offer concessions (and i have to say why should they?); they just have a subscription option (like sofi are going to do) that provides some discount if you like the product.

A single month’s supply of sleep aid capsules from the top-rated companies costs around £35-40, so i think Sofi’s suggested prices are perfectly reasonable. Futhermore, Sofi is unique in providing an interaction service with feedback and recommendations based on your sleep and mood journal. The ability for pioneers to earn seeds towards future purchases, as an additional reward for partaking in their free trials, is inspired IMO. Once in commercial production i hope and would expect to see Sofi in those top recommendations for their product.

I do understand that it can seem expensive, and perhaps particularly hard for some people with families to feed and keep warm with current price increases in essential goods and power, but as Laura said, we (most of us anyway) have a choice.
I manage on what is considered a low pension income (lower than what the government considers to be necessary for an individual) but I do ok on that, such that I would take up a Sofi subscription instead of spending elsewhere.

To put it in one perspective, just 2 pints / glasses of wine / spirits in a pub per week would cost more than Sofi products (so i rarely go to a pub these days!). Add a couple of bags of crisps and it’s much more. OK, not everyone drinks out but most, if not all of us, of us spend money on things that are not necessary for survival.

I am also very grateful to have been part of this pioneer programme for quite some time now. Not all the herbs have worked for me, or for others, but the fact that sofi analysis can tease out which are best for us as individuals is something unique. Pioneering in fact!

13 Likes

Ahh Thankyou! :hugs: that’s so kind!
But, reading a lot of your posts/replies, you seem a very intelligent and emphatic person yourself, and speak a lot of facts, so I’m positive your post would’ve been just as sympathetic, and defo more informative than mine lol! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I agree with you 1 million percent @drmudlark and Thankyou, because I feel you added more detail to what I was trying to say :hugs::hugs:

I just feel as humans, all of us are struggling to survive, and we can sometimes become complacent or develop a sense of entitlement, and we end up only focusing on the negative!
Yes, of course life is difficult, and we all have our own journeys and experiences, good and bad, but all the more reason to really appreciate when a life line is thrown our way!

I think also, as overthinkers, we can get too far ahead of ourselves with this strange desire to always have to know what’s going to happen, but in reality, this is not always possible (or necessary)!
I can’t speak for everyone here, but I’m just very grateful indeed that this is even available to us, and will just complete the pioneer/testing stages, trust in the process, and deal with the issue of subscription fees once I know this works for me 🩷🩷🩷🩷

11 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments and the way that you have put things into perspective. I understand that we are very privileged to be taking part in this and how much work goes into all of the research etc. being done. My comment was just thoughts and I appreciate that it was met in an educational and empathetic way. I hope I did not offend anybody that has been putting their heart and soul into this project by my suggestions and I would personally be happy with stopping anything that I can to help fund my subscription when needed. Once again thank you for your replies

8 Likes

Awww, bless you!!! :speak_no_evil::hugs:🩷
@Jaxx That’s why the treehouse is so brilliant!!! It’s so lovely to be able to share with like minded people, who are all here for the same reason! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sleep deprivation is the worst, and luckily everyone here understands exactly how you’re feeling, and sometimes it can feel like nothing goes right! :woman_facepalming:t4::joy:
It’s so easy to fall into a cycle of worrying about the all negatives surrounding us that sometimes we forget to actually appreciate and experience the positives and blessings!
We are all here to support and uplift each other if we’re struggling, even if that’s just to give a different perspective :kissing_heart:

P.S: I really hope you don’t feel like you offended anyone, because I’m certain you didn’t! From what I’ve experienced, the sofi team are amazing! Everyone is so friendly and always willing to hear feedback of any kind! 🩷🩷xx

9 Likes

Yeah, ngl, I’m 100% aware of the time, effort and love that’s gone into the whole Sofi journey however, as someone from a low income household, with a chronic illness, a disabled child and a baby… £40 a month for a “sleep aid” that I have no assurance is going to help me, is far above my expectations.
I understand the concept of cutting corners to have the money spare but realistically I don’t have anything to cut, especially not on a chance :tipping_hand_woman:t3: let’s get into the depths of my private life, I’m barely affording my bills, I went bankrupt last year, my kids don’t have fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets, they just aren’t a household item, I bake any treats they do have so I’m spending way less there. I haven’t drunk in a club/pub in around 7 years, I have a £12 bottle of baileys every 3/4 months so I’m definitely not going save anything with that and realistically the only place I could get that kind of money from is by cutting into the money my children get which would literally take food from their mouths and clothes off of their backs :melting_face: I can’t in good conscience spend my sons DLA on a sleep aid for me :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Big picture, if I was desperate enough to take away from my children to fix my sleep problems I’d be detestable imo! Instead I’d do the sensible thing and see a doctor, poison my body further with medications I don’t want but need and it wouldn’t cost me anything. :woman_shrugging:t3:
I hate the idea of that so I’ve avoided it for many years!
Unfortunately I see this often when there is something natural that has profound effects or the occasional wonder drug that a niche corner is filled by that winds up being simply too expensive for the average joe. The cbd industry is a grand example, wonder drug but will cost you £60 a month for slight benefits at a low dosage.

It’s very easy for people to say “if it works I’ll make the cuts” and I’m so happy that there are so many people who are fortunate enough to not need to make cuts at all or who can make the cuts to allow them this relief but when there’s little to nothing to cut back on it puts us in a position where we know we’d benefit, would love to be able to appreciate those benefits but then we’re looking at £40 per month and weighing up our sleep vs our electricity bill.
Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to do that, I’ll likely not be any time soon. I’ll stick around to watch as the treehouse expands and grows and evolves but I’ll most likely never find myself truly benefiting from anything other than the community. Which, if I’m honest, ain’t all that bad :smirk: even without trying the product it’s so nice to have a place to come, vent, and indulge in the experiences of other people that also suffer the sleep and anxiety problems I deal with, I don’t feel so isolated and alone that way. If at some point I find myself in a position to afford the compounds, I’ll buy them, happily support the community and hopefully get a little respite but at this point in time I’m not in a position to commit to anything that isn’t ad-hock :sweat:

At the end of the day the company will do what’s best for the company, no one is entitled to allowances because no one is owed anything. I shouldn’t get it cheaper because I’m struggling. Like many others here I’ll buy it if I can or I won’t buy it at all :woman_shrugging:t3: thems the breaks. Sofi will succeed because they don’t need me to buy it. If the product works it’ll reach the right people.
They have their ideals and the right product to make it work for them and I see them potentially helping millions of people find balance and serenity in their lives and sleep. I’m all for taking a back seat and enjoying the journey, product or no product :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

14 Likes

Wowww that was way bigger than it looked in the box :sweat::sweat:

6 Likes

Wow!!!:speak_no_evil:
Well tbh hun, it sounds like you’re a bit of a superhero to me!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:🫶🏽
Bless you, and Thankyou for sharing all that personal stuff to help us understand you and your situation better, thats never easy to do! 🩷🩷🩷
Obviously it’s different for you if u have absolutely no way of making a subscription work for you, and that’s completely understandable, given your circumstances!
But you should defo continue on your journey with the free trials to see if it even helps you first, as sometimes 10 days would just be enough to possibly help with a better sleep routine at least? :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

And as for the community, I know everyone will agree with me when I say, we are always here to lend an ear if you need to talk or a bit of support for YOU if you’re feeling low, as I know having a child with disabilities very rarely leaves any time for yourself!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

My son has ADHD and Tourette’s, and I suffer with Personality disorder and Crohn’s disease, so I do understand completely how hard life can be sometimes, especially when deprived of sleep or rest! :woman_facepalming:t4:

Always here for a chat hun :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:xxx

10 Likes

I personally won’t pay for subscription plan. When I joined Sofi I didn’t know this was a paid subscription and I am seriously considering leaving. Some of us simply can’t afford a subscription service due to our income

5 Likes

People seem to be jumping to conclusions without reading what has been posted about Sofi in here. Surely nobody could think that sofi would be free forever once they are in commercial production.

The TRIALS are FREE and it is not a paid subscription yet. Sofi are not yet ready to sell their products. They will have to in the end when they are ready, they are a business after all, not a free service once the trials are over, and they have input considerable investment which has helped many of us. They have provided free trials and improvements for 20 months without earning a penny.

NOBODY has been asked for money and NO-ONE will have to pay a subscription for products in the future if they dont wan’t to buy anything.

9 Likes

I don’t understand how people are so confused??!:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t4::joy: @drmudlark

If all the info posted on here by the sofi team, that is pinned to the top, is read properly, there should be no confusion, no?? I found it all very clear and easy to follow on here?? Maybe people are panick reading?!!! Lol! I don’t know? :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

7 Likes

Nor I Laura. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
More like panic posting i think.

I have posted a lot of answers over the last year or so to try to help new pioneers and also to try to help the sofi team so that they dont have to answer the same questions over and over again. Hopefully they have a cut and paste set of answers!

I may need to hold back a bit now because i am starting to find myself getting impatient and even a bit irritated, particularly when sometimes the exact same question is asked as the topic above on the same screen, or when looking behind some new pioneers’ avatars it shows that they have read for less than 1 or 2 minutes! No wonder some are confused!

No offence intended to anyone in particular or to anyone on this thread; it’s just a general observation i have made over the last couple of months or so, so i know that i need to be a bit careful not to sound brusque!
Also i dont want to upset the team.

They are all so lovely and patient. Me, not so much now, but as my late friend said to me once, he and i had reached the age where we have a right to be a bit grumpy! :laughing:

You are absolutely right that if people took time to read in the Treehouse Index, they would find answers to most things they are not sure about; the process should be clear, and they would also find much of interest about this small company. I have tried to encourage some to read the pinned bits of the Treehouse at least, but maybe I’m wasting my efforts.

Perhaps its my imagination but last year most pioneers seemed genuinely interested in the Sofi process, in its mission, goals, ethical views etc., the sleep and mood analysis and how their development of the products aims to treat people as individuals and to provide an interactive platform for future customers.

Now i sense more of an air of impatience and entitlement. :neutral_face:

Hey ho, sorry sofi team if i have said too much, but hopefully there’s no harm in saying what we feel now and then.
Time for me to dodge any missiles and make a sharp exit :grin:

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Probably you and me both!!! :bomb::firecracker:

I mean, I’m pretty new here, but as soon as I came into the community, I read every bit of info I could find so I knew what I was doing?! Lol! Plus I didn’t want to p*#% off any of the team or the OG’s that have been here for a long time by asking questions, before searching for answers myself! :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

But honestly, I agree with everything you’ve said! I have found your posts to be very informative, empathetic and genuine, and that’s all u can be on here isn’t it?
We can’t control how others receive it, but I feel you’ve been very patient and understanding! :hugs:🩷
But I hear you completely! Well done for a very noble attempt, but you may have to now retreat, if only for your own sanity!! :joy::joy:
🩷🩷🩷

7 Likes