Error with sofi stick

Thank you @alexwalkerjones your email was extremely helpful. Ill keep you posted on the ‘drying’ outcome :grin::+1:

4 Likes

So no luck with the drying out of the sofi stick and components yet :woman_shrugging:. Ive started on pod 2 as you suggested :+1: but the counter isnt changing from 70 :thinking: Im guessing this is meant to count down with the sprays? Ill continue trying to dry the circuit board out and give it another shot this evening :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

@trudy, right guess … it does count down with each spray. And try to spray it hardly down while the app on your mobile is open and looking at the counter. :crossed_fingers: :smiling_face:

5 Likes

@pira i thought so. It seems this isnt working either. Im still showing 70/70 and im on my 3rd day :confused:. Drying the circuit board hasnt seemed to work either :woman_shrugging: I still cant see pod no.1 and pod no.3 is showing as pod no.2 still.

4 Likes

When you spray, does the stick light up?

3 Likes

@trudy, I tag @alexwalkerjones to this … she is a great person to go to with our concerns. Let’s see what she has to say. Perhaps there is some system clitch. Enjoy the weekend and let us know. Cheers :smiling_face:

5 Likes

My spray has ran out on 8 / 10 took my bottle out and it was covered so think it’s leaked abit unfortunately, shame I was really enjoying no2s taste, guess I will start no3 now :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Hello @Aaron yes the little green light comes on when i spray.

2 Likes

Hmmm strange that it’s not recognising it then :thinking:

2 Likes

Just checked this again @Aaron and the light isnt coming on when i spray it. Sorry, i thought it was.

2 Likes

Without sounding silly is the button getting pressed down hard Enough? :thinking: I found when using mine I had to make sure it was fully down before it recognised each spray and had to give a couple of seconds between each spray

4 Likes

Looking at it, theres no way the little button is getting pressed. The space between the lid and button is too vast. Maybe i have the lid on wrong :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Not really sure , it’s very strange hopefully one of the SoFi team members gets back to you after the weekend or tomorrow and see if they can troubleshoot the issue you’re having, have no fear though the team will get you up and running as soon as they can :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ahh thank you @Aaron , im sure they’ll give me some helpful advise when the weekend is over. Thank you for the suggestions. Have a fab weekend :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @trudy - thank you for testing that out for us, and sorry to hear that you’re still not having any luck! The sprays won’t count down at all unless the plant pods are first recognised by the stick, so it sounds like that’s definitely the first place for us to start.

I wonder, d you have any luck if you remove the sofi brain and hold it to the cap of each plant pod? Technically speaking the plant pods do not need to be inside of the stick to connect, they just need to be in direct contact with the brain. This can be a good way to test if its a technical connection problem, or a physical one.

If you do this with your app open, let us know what your app says and whether or not the pods are better recognised this way. In the meantime, I’m passing all this onto our team so they can investigate further and hopefully provide some answers very soon!

Thank you for troubleshooting this with us and for your patience in getting this solved :pray: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Hello @alexwalkerjones thank you for getting back to me. Ive done as you have suggested and am still getting the same feedback from the app as before. It doesnt sense pod no.1 and pods 2 & 3 both show up as pod 2. As i spray pod 2, it doesnt register the spray count either :woman_shrugging:.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Firstly what an amazing perseverance you have @trudy ! so very keen to get you up and running. It seems that the formulations sensors inside your sofi electronic brain may be slightly damaged. You have established power, and you can recognise some bottles but you mistakenly recognise others - is that correct? If so, let’s try something. Take out the battery, find a warm cupboard area, get some rice or something and lets see if we can dry out the circuit … if you leave it for one day that should do it if it is recoverable. Very happy to jump on a zoom some point tomorrow once you have had a chance to dry out the circuit to see where we are at. As always thank you for persevering xx :pray:

4 Likes

Sorry for the slow reply I got ill so haven’t used it for a few days and when I came to use it today the battery was flat so I’ve ordered a couple more which come tomorrow hopefully and then I’ll see if I have any better luck with a new battery or if not I can share my phone screen and my tablet screen and show the issue.

It could be that my phone Bluetooth isn’t very good as it’s an old phone but as the tablet has the same issue which is much newer it could be a fault with the stick.

I’ll reply again tomorrow as soon as I’ve tried the new battery and then we can decide what to do next, thank you for all the help!

3 Likes

Brilliant @daniel.butler1408 . Let me know how you get on and wishing you a restful evening and a productive week ahead. Adding @alexwalkerjones to this so we can follow your progress! :pray:

1 Like