FAQs: on pod/device

Welcome to our frequently asked questions doc on all things pod-related.

Use the links below to navigate, and let us know if there are any questions not yet answered below that you think we should add! To view the full list of related FAQ topics, click here.

on sofi pod/device

1. what is a sofi smart pod?

2. how do I order a smart pod?

3. how do I charge my sofi pod?

4. should my sofi pod be cleaned?

5. does it matter when / how often I spray?

6. can I adjust how many sprays I take?

7. is there a benefit of taking a spray versus a pill?

8. how can I report an issue with my sofi pod?

1. what is a sofi smart pod?

Our sofi pod is an intelligent and connected spray for use with our plant and fragrance formulation capsules.

Developed and refined over a series of different generations - each sigificantly improving on the one before - our sofi smart pods have been designed with true comfort and simplicity in mind.

• pocket-sized + portable
  • long battery life (compatible with USB-c)
  • employs spray-lock technology to prevent any accidental sprays
  • comes in both brushed aluminium black or glossy white

Designed with built-in bluetooth connection, this spray helps us to capture time-series data: the information sofi uses to determine which formulations may - or may not - be working for you.

The pod automatically recognises the contents of each plant capsule, and communicates your spraying activity with the sofi app, and combined with your journaling feedback, sofi is able to generate your results for each of your journeys with a plant.

sofi then analyses the data collection via your sofi pod by constructing mathematical models that describe the relationship between your sleep, mood, and spraying activity - in addition to other miscellaneous variables. sofi updates this model each time you journal or spray, and communicates your result once the model certainty reaches +90-95%.

2. how do I order a smart pod?

sofi is sold as a sofi smart pod + sofi capsule refill subscription which includes access to our journaling app and online community. Your sofi pod ships with your first set of three formulation capsules, in month 1 of your subscription.

All pods come in either brushed aluminium black or glossy white!

To order head to: https://join.sofi.health/order

Currently, we are selling the pods at the cost of the raw electronics (with similar technologies retailing closer to £99). This is our commitment to make sofi as accessible as possible for all Pioneers! xx

3. how do I charge my sofi pod?

Your sofi pod can be charged using a standard USB-C cable for approximately 60 minutes of charging time. There is a red light to indicate that your pod is charging, and when the light goes out it means your smart pod is fully charged.

The battery life of your sofi pod is designed to last between 7-10 days of regular use, after which you will need to charge it again in order for it to pair with the sofi app and recognise any sprays.

4. should my sofi pod be cleaned?

Over time and with regular use, it’s natural for some formulation build-up on your sofi pod to occur. We recommend wiping down your pod between finishing/swapping plant capsule.

In order to clean your pod, take a dry paper towel, cloth, or cotton bud, and gently wipe any formulation residue from the the nozzle area of your pod.

5. does it matter what time of day I choose to spray?

Each of the formulations we’ve activated on our system thus far have a very minimal immediate calming effect (some folk will register this, for others it is too subtle). Instead, sofi formulations are designed to build up in your system over time.

As a result, the timing of your sprays depends entirely on what works best for you.

For those trying to manage symptoms that are worse at night (typically sleeplessness, anxiety and/or for some women, hot flushes), we recommend spraying in the evening and just before bed.

On the other hands, if symptoms tend to occur throughout the day, such as general anxiousness or stress, it could make sense to spread those sprays out throughout the day. In this case, 3 sprays in the morning and 3 sprays in the evening could work.

The really cool thing is that underneath all of this, the cumulative effect of the plants will build and that can mean that exactly when the dose is taken is likely to become less and less significant over time.

*Please do not exceed the recommended number of 6 sprays per day, regardless of when you spray.

6. can I adjust how many sprays I take?

Each of our plant capsules contains 10ml of formulation, and the pump head moves approximately 140 micro litres (mcl) OR roughly 0.14 ml with each press.

This quantity begins to approach the recommended daily dose for treatment with the plant, however, due to differences in diet, body-type, and BMI, tracking your experience with sofi over time is what allows us to understand what that exact amount might look like for you.

Similarly to the time of day that you choose to spray, the amount of formulation you use, depends entirely on what works best for you. With that being said, please do not exceed the recommend number of 6 sprays per day - but feel free to reduce the number as you feel or see fit.

7. is there a benefit of taking a spray versus a pill?

Yes! (at least we think so!)

Liquid extracts are commonly considered better absorbed, and often more quickly absorbed, because they allow us to be less dependent on metabolism and digestion processes which can vary drastically between individuals.

The plant extract is also much better preserved via the use of ethanol, rather than dried (particularly if it’s powdered). In a dispensary, dried herbs are considered to lose efficacy at 6 months but for ethanol and water extracts (similar to what we use at sofi) the shelf-life is much longer (and can be up to several years).

8. how can I report an issue with my sofi pod?

Improving our sofi pod is a continuous process, and one that will always be based on your feedback as a Pioneer. Should you experience any difficulties - mechanical, electrical, or other - or have suggestions for ways we can improve our devices, please let us know using the guide below!

We’ll always do our best to address every comment.

Issue reporting

If you happen to experience an issue with your pod, it would be enormously helpful for us to know the following:

• Reproduction steps: In other words, what steps do we need to take to see the same thing happen?
  • Screenshots: Any screenshots you can provide will really help tell the story in the case of something affecting or being affected by the app.
  • Photos/Videos: Sometimes it’s even better if you create a little video to show exactly what’s going on with your pod.

Of course, if you need any help with the above, please do not hesitate to reach out and we’ll be more than happy to jump in and help out where we can.

To contact us with an issue, you can tag a member of our team in the sofi treehouse (@Kirill or @alexwalkerjones), or reach us directly via the sofi app by tapping the sofi moon in the top left corner of your screen.

Thank you for your troubleshooting support in advance!