Sofi stick won't connect to app

Not sure why but suddenly after 6 days of getting on fine with the pod and the stick, the sofi stick won’t connect to the app

5 Likes

Is the battery still working ? If so try to log out of the app and log back in, usually works for me when we had this issue :grin: will tag @alexwalkerjones :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay turns out it was the battery but I had only changed it 6 days ago and it seems to of run out of charge in that short space of time :grimacing:

5 Likes

I believe the sofi stick pings the app something rather intense like 2 times per second, and so by the roughly 1.7million ‘pings’ mark (6-10) days it is spent.

@Vincent’s suggestion to remove the batteries after use each time isn’t a bad idea (it takes less than 30 seconds with use of a chopstick or pen :laughing:) or I even remember @dizzypuss made a brilliant hack for blocking the battery connection effortlessly after use. I’ll attach the link to her thread below!

4 Likes

Awsome hack for saving the battery life on the sofi stick by @dizzypuss thanks for resharing this @alexwalkerjones i wouldnt of known this :grinning:

4 Likes

I change mine about every 1 and half weeks as used so much.I get a ten pack on Ebay for about 2 pounds approx 3 bux.:+1::heart:

4 Likes

I just went with removing the battery

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hopefully this will become a charming feature of the first two builds of the sofi stick, as the current S3 sofi sticks in development and production will have rechargeable USB C lithium cells so no more batteries! :pray:

6 Likes